Thursday, December 4, 2008

What better way to distract myself from the impending pain that is labor than to knit myself up some cute fingerless gloves? The pattern calls for wool yarn, but I'm going to give it a go with acrylic, just to see if I can figure out the pattern or not. If so, maybe I'll invest in some nice yarn down the road and give the pink gloves as a present to a younger cousin or something. And I've also gotten on a sock kick. I've probably got about 20-30 patterns saved on Ravelry that are nothing but socks. I want to learn how to knit them sooo much. I'm intrigued by all the different designs; plus they're a small project that I can take with me wherever I go or work on while baby sleeps [that's my wishful thinking, haha]. So it's 3am, I'm starting a new knitting project, and while the contractions aren't as horrible as they were earlier in the day, they're still enough that I won't be able to sleep. Oh well, as is life. Pictures with my posts will start today [..as in I'll go back later and add pictures to this post, hehe]!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Ok your cracking me up...lol I'm totally loving the whole blogging thing right now. :) You had best keep this up when the baby comes or I'll be sad!! :( BLog about anything and then just throw in a random pic of the baby. I don't care if it pertains to the baby or not...hehe