Thursday, December 18, 2008

The new "norm".

Weird things are happening in the valley this week. It's freaking SNOWING - that's the second time! It snowed by Mom's work on Monday then it started snowing today by the house, but it didn't keep unfortunately. Still, I got to show Caden and it was all pretty to watch it fall.
Then Caden decided it'd be a good idea to scare the living daylights out of his mom and stop making dirty diapers. For more than 24 hours now. And I had no idea what the heck to do. I don't want to be one of those moms who rushes off to the emergency room because baby has the sniffles, but jeez, it scared me. I finally got ahold of the on-call pediatric doctor, who told me that it's normal for him not to have a BM for a week. A week! Why didn't anybody think to tell me that when I was in the hospital?! Goodness.
In other news, I'm thinking I may have to get ahold of my doctor sometime soon. My lower stomach is numb; the only part I can feel is where bruises have popped up. I don't think that's supposed to happen and reading c-section horror stories on the internet sure hasn't helped ease my mind. It's probably my body's reaction to the pain I've been in, but still. Weird. If nothing else, maybe they'll decide to give me something stronger than Motrin [yeah, MOTRIN - nevermind, it's not like I had major surgery or anything..].
I'm exhausted, but I don't want to go to sleep. I don't sleep very well anyway, I'm always afraid that the second I go to sleep Caden will need me. It's not like I get stuff done while I'm awake. I'm not off doing chores or knitting or reading or anything. If I'm not checking stuff out on Myspae or Ravelry, I'm channel surfing - something completely useless because there is NOTHING on the television after 1am.
Pictures of the boy should be posted sometime soon, hopefully. I'd really love to get a picture of him with his eyes open, because he's got beautiful dark blue eyes.. but there's a reason his mother has [lovingly] nicknamed him "Popeye" (something that has caught on with the rest of the family.. I don't think he's gonna live this one down. Sorry, Cade!).
It doesn't feel like Christmas is coming next week. I've got zero anticipation for it, unlike years past where I couldn't wait and started getting antsy.. Now I'm more excited for Caden to get his first Christmas, even though he'll be a whole two weeks old. I love the idea of getting his picture taken while he's in a stocking, haha. I'll make sure Grandma hears about that one.
Well, I should get goin' - I've got a kid I'll need to wake up soon so he can be fed and changed, since I know he won't wake up on his own. Ah, the life of being a mom. =]

No comments: