Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Caden: Breakin' Hearts [..and Traditions]

Last Wednesday at 2:52pm, my little man joined the world. It was a drawn out process, complicated by a "dysfunctional labor" and ended with a c-section and the 10 pound love of my life.
Sure, I've got constant pains from major surgery, bruises on my arm from needing a blood transfusion, I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 3 hours at a time, I haven't seen wrestling in nearly a week, not to mention I haven't picked up my knitting since I became a mommy.. But I spend 24 hours a day with my son. My son. Just looking at him is enough to make me forget everything else [and make me wanna cry!].
I decided he needed a non-traditional name. John, Michael, David.. those wouldn't cut it for me. This is a special baby, he's the center of my universe. So I named him Caden [it's in the baby books, I promise] because.. Well, I think it's a great name and still rather unknown, though it's getting more popular. And even though the men in my family haven't had middle names for over a hundred years [yes, literally.. my dad knows that kind of stuff], I gave him the middle name of Thomas. I figured if Caden was going to have any sort of middle name, why not name him after the greatest (insert my last name here) ever?
So now it's been about six days and I can't imagine not having this little guy around. I'm with him 24 hours a day. He refuses to sleep in his crib throughout the night - he prefers sleeping in his boppy pillow right next to Mommy. He knows my voice. We watch Johnny Depp movies together at 3am. He doesn't mind if Mommy types on the computer while he's trying to sleep [as he is right now, heh], I can laugh at something on the television while he sleeps on my chest. He gives kisses if I'm close enough, haha. He fusses until I pick him up and hold him then he zonks out in about 2.7 seconds.
I'm totally in love with being a mom. Yeah, it changes everything, but it feels like things are changing for the better. That I am changing for the better. Like this is the motivation for my life - to make my son proud, to show him what his mother is capable of. It's still an unreal feeling that he's here and he's mine. I can't believe it.
I'm one lucky girl and I wouldn't take back one second with Caden for having the "normal" life of a 19 year old. Not a chance.
I guess now is a good time to try to start Charlene's scarf, since before we know it Christmas will be here! I'll post some pictures of Caden tomorrow, too. =]

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

OMG freakin finally...I've been dying here. LOL Makes me cry just thinking about how I can't see him right now though. :(

Can't wait for pictures!! :) I need one for my mantle for Christmas. :) Wish I was closer...I would love to take some Christmas pics of him. Make sure you get a picture of him IN a stocking laying in front of the tree. He's tiny enough..he'll fit.