Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quick update

So, my adult hat count is now up to 10 and I've started working on some kid hats too. I haven't gotten a chance to knit today yet though, since I got up early and started cleaning the house (Man, picking up after four people is a full time job in itself!). I also had to take apart my futon frame so Alex and I could get it upstairs. Due to the narrow stairs and the skinny doorframes, we hadn't been able to figure out how to get it upstairs so I had the brilliant idea of "Hey, let's just take it apart!". Wellll, that didn't go so great at first. It took us about 40 minutes to even figure out HOW.. We are obviously not girls who work with tools on a daily basis. It was actually Alex who figured it out first and then we eventually got the back of the frame off. It's skinny enough now that it should fit through the doorway.. If not, I may just pull my hair out, haha. Now that we've gotten the back off, we've taken a little break to regain our energy to get it upstairs. I made some mac & cheese for lunch so now that we've eaten, it's Round Two: Megan vs. Futon. Cross your fingers!! After that, we've gotta put it back together (MUCH easier than tearing it apart) and then I'll finally have some knitting time! Yay!!

By the way, I thought I'd just mention that the importance of three girls in my life is obvious: I've got three pictures on my desk. One is the picture of Gracie this Easter. Another is Rhonda and I about three years ago. The last is Mom and I, me looking like I'm around 2, 2 1/2. =] Gotta represent each member of the Secret Society, of course, hehe. The picture of Granma [honorary member, of course] is next to my bed, though.

Until next time!
UPDATE: Even after taking the back part of the frame off, it STILL wasn't skinny enough so we had to take it back downstairs, where we removed the bars on either side so the legs could be moved to a larger angle. Third time was a charm! Then it took us about 30 minutes to put it back together. I felt very accomplished to finally have the stupid thing put together AND I've even got blisters on my hands to show off my hard work, haha!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Ok so hopefully this comment finds you hiding somewhere knitting. Or maybe laying in your nice futon that is now upstairs and together!! lol I'm loving your blog. Keep it updated daily. I live for blog updates. I've been good on mine. Three just this week I believe and I just might go ahead and start one when I'm finished here. :) I'm loving the SS shoutouts!! :) DO you have your own pic of the SS girls at disneyworld? If not I'm totally sending that one to you!! Let me know.

LOVE YOU!!