Thursday, October 9, 2008

Homesick

I swear, it's like the longer I stay in Manhattan, the more and more I realize how much I loved Las Vegas. The streets here are almost always deserted, something that never happens back home. There aren't even street lights in the neighborhood! So nobody goes outside past dusk. Everything closes here around 6 or 7, which is lameeee. Doesn't help that being here means being away from my mama - it's already been two months since I've seen her!!! The longest I've ever gone without seeing my mom is nine months - and that's only because I was waiting on being born!! Since we've lived in this house (we were in Kansas City for about 2 weeks before moving to Manhattan), I've been trying to send Emma back to Las Vegas, because we aren't allowed to have pets. She spends her time outside in the backyard in her kennel when I'm not outside with her (our gates don't close properly so I can't trust that she won't try to wander away). She's always got food and water and she does just fine, but she's such a princess that she needs to be inside. Besides, she's my little baby; she never slept outside before coming here, she was always sleeping in my bed. Mom was hoping to get her home this weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen. I had problems with my debit card and called B of A to see if they could fix it.. Unfortunately, the lady told me the only thing she could do was cancel the card and order me another one. It's on it's way but won't be here until at least next Wednesday. I hardly ever keep cash on me, so I have to wait for the debit card to pay the vet (pets on an airplane have to have a health certificate, saying they're healthy enough to fly) and to give Maria gas money since the airport is two hours away and I don't have a car (something I need to fix IMMEDIATELY; it's starting to get too cold to walk everywhere, heh). Hopefully we'll be able to get Emma home next weekend or the weekend after. I'm so jealous that she gets to go back to Las Vegas!! Anyway, I've gotta get ready for work and do some quick cleaning (although it's 100 times more difficult when people are home, argh). I'm gonna try to pick up my needles later today though!!! Yesterday I made two adult-sized hats and one child's. I started a new scarf on some size 11's; basically I'm just killing time until Mom's third box can get here so I can start Estelle's baby blanket. =] Until next time!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

awww...This makes me sad. Makes me wanna drive out to Kansas and get you and bring you back here to Indiana with us. We don't have street lights but I have a porch light. ;) I'm sure the homesickness with pass but you know you always have a place back in Vegas or here in Indiana. LOVE YOU!! xoxo