Monday, October 6, 2008

Hot hands, lemme tell ya..

I got myself into an ancient knitter's pickle last week. Just as I was finishing up Bayli's hat, I ran out of the orange yarn and, of course, had no more and hadn't seen any like it around here. Luckily, I found a small ball of it at the veryyy bottom of my storage container so I was able to finish the hat. I still needed more to make a matching scarf; Mom really came through for me on that one, heh. Nevermind the fact that she's sent me two boxes full of yarn (Mom - you rock!) to play with. I'm really grateful that she's sending me yarn, considering the fact that I've already made seven (yes, SEVEN) hats in two days. I've got one on the loom right now that I plan on finishing before I go to bed tonight. I also have intentions of making matching scarves to these hats. I figure I might as well knit up a whole bunch of stuff so that I can sell it on Etsy. I worked three hours today at the knitting shop. It was a lot of fun and the yarn there is really awesome (read: really expensive). I won't be getting a lot of hours, but I get a fair wage and I wanted to do it just because it was fun, not for the money. Anyway, I don't work again until Thursday so I'll be able to crank out an obscene amount of hats. Even Alex wants to contribute to my Etsy madness; she's more of a bag/pillow type of person, but her things come out really cute as well. I'll, hopefully, start putting pictures of my projects this week. Until then!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ok seriously...I'm going to start to worry! j/k Congrats on starting your job already! That is awesome! I can't believe how fast you widdle those hats out. I have my looms but lost a piece out of it during my move. I'm thinking of starting a scarf for Greg's SIL who I have in the Christmas drawing. I think she'd like one. Take Care! Love ya!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow Sis! I can't believe all you've been doing! I'm jealous. Glad the yarn got there ok. Keep knitting....:-)